Red Chicken Enchiladas with Classic Spicy Tomato Sauce
This meal is comfort and flavor all in one. Our Classic Spicy Tomato Sauce forms the base of this super savory enchilada sauce and tender roast chicken, rice and cheese complete the dish. An easy oven-ready meal in just over 30 minutes.
1 ½ cups Classic Spicy Tomato Sauce
3/4 cup chicken stock
4 oz. can diced green chilis, drained
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups cooked shredded chicken, (rotisserie chicken works great)
1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
1 cup grated Monterrey jack
10 medium flour tortillas
Diced avocado, cilantro leaves and sliced jalapenos for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. In a blender, puree tomato sauce with chicken stock and green chilis to make your enchilada sauce. Set aside.
3. Next, in a large bowl mix rice with chicken, cilantro and ½ a cup of cheese. Add 1 cup of the enchilada sauce to the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
4. Add another ½ cup of your enchilada sauce to the bottom of your baking dish and spread in one thin layer.
5. To assemble, fill each tortilla with about ¼ cup of the shredded chicken mixture and roll, placing the seam-side down in the baking dish.
6. Repeat until all tortillas are filled and then top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes until warmed through and top cheese is bubbly and browned. 7. Garnish to taste and serve warm.