Ratatouille with Crusty Bread
This is a classic stew that celebrates the marriage of garden fresh vegetables and our Classic Red Tomato Sauce. It is a filling and incredibly versatile vegan meal.
1 large eggplant, cut into 1” cubes
½ cup olive oil
2 red onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 red peppers, seeded and cut into 1” cubes
3 zucchini, cut into 1” cubes
1 jar Classic Red Tomato Sauce
Freshly ground pepper
Crusty bread for serving
1. Place the eggplant on a sheet tray and sprinkle lightly with salt.
2. Cover with foil and place a second sheet pan on top for weight. Leave for about an hour and wipe with paper towels to remove moisture.
3. In a large dutch oven, heat the oil and sauté the onion for about 8-10 minutes until golden.
4. Add garlic, red pepper and eggplant then cover and cook on a low heat for 40 minutes.
5. Add Zucchini, tomato sauce and freshly ground pepper. Cover and cook for a further 20-30 minutes on a low heat until vegetables are tender but the zucchini still have a crunch to them.
6. Serve with crusty bread for dipping.