Prawn and Chorizo Jambalaya
Savory and satisfying, this jambalaya is great for a crowd. It is a one pot dish that has a gorgeous presentation when served for company. One more reason to love our Classic Red Tomato Sauce.
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 chorizo links, cut into ½” slices
1 lb. prawns, deveined
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 cup Classic Red Tomato Sauce
1 ½ cups water
½ cup frozen peas, thawed
Lemon wedges and parsley for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet (use one with a matching lid) and fry the chorizo until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Set the shrimp aside with the chorizo.
3. Next add the onion, garlic and red pepper and sauté on a low heat for 8-10 minutes until soft.
4. Add the rice and stir to coat for 2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and water and stir well. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer.
5. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Add more water if needed.
6. Return the chorizo, shrimp to the rice and add the thawed peas. Heat through for a couple of minutes and serve immediately with lemon wedges and chopped parsley for garnish.